Thursday, January 18, 2007

the end of my 20s...

well, tomorrow is the big day. the big 3-0. i remember 30 always seemed so old. now, it doesn't seem old at all. truth is, i still feel like a kid. (of course, now when people tell me i look like a kid, i'm starting to appreciate it rather than resent it...)

i guess if anyone is bothered by this birthday, it would be ed. he says he'll miss telling people that he's in his 40s and his wife is in her 20s. oh well. it was fun for a while. :)

my life doesn't look anything like what i thought it would be at 30, but i like the way it does look. i always thought my life would look like my moms... so that would put me giving birth to girl #3 at 30... um, yeah, not my life. the nice thing is, at 30, i've already got 4 kids who can go to the bathroom all by themselves! now, keeping the bathroom clean is another story, but if i have to choose, i'm good with what i've got.

i'm taking the day off tomorrow, choosing to enjoy my day at home. after a morning all to myself, the boys have early dismissal and will be home with me for lunch and the afternoon. ed and the boys have plans for "family fun" the rest of the day. yeah!! :) i know its childish, but i really love birthdays!!

No comments: