Thursday, November 11, 2010

ridiculous display of wealth

on my way to participate in a community service project cleaning up an area park recently, i ran into my neighbor who showed me her new range rover (while also mentioning that she's no longer working - her husband has a very good job). and she laughed, saying, "i know, it's a ridiculous display of wealth..." and i just wasn't sure how to respond.
i've thought about that comment a million times since we ran into each other. i'm jealous. not of the car (oddly enough, i covet vans these days) but of her freedom with time and expenses, her completed home and so many other little things i wish i had and don't. and i hate that jealousy. when did i become like this?!

anyway, eventually i come back to the fact that my treasure isn't here in this life, but in the life after this. my treasure is in heaven. and, until then, here's a look at my earthly "ridiculous display of wealth"

No comments: